Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NT Scan results :)

I just got a phone call from the genetic counselor we met with last week. She was super nice and I am glad we got the chance to work with her. I will take all the positive experience I can get with this pregnancy!

Anyways, the results were great! Less than 1 in 10,000 for Down Syndrome, Trisomy 13 & Trisomy 18.

The average chances for my age range are 1:960 for DS and 1:1,763 for Tri13 or Tri18, so that means that the risk of baby being born with one of those defects is considerably below average based on ultrasound results and my bloodwork.

Yay! I didn't really do the screening for the intended purposes. I really just wanted the chance for another insurance covered u/s. But since I have a 12 year old brother with DS and Autism, it still has been a concern.

I am very happy to have this reassurance!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad! I think I would do the tests and scans for a covered u/s too.

Powered by Blogger.