Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

I decided that I needed something to look forward to, and just plain needed to get away. So last week my sister and I planned a random camping trip to Mackinac, MI. I was very excited to go and had a great time for the first 2 days. The weather was gorgeous, and it was so nice to just forget about everything going on for awhile.

Then, stupid me, I decided to tell my sister about the going-ons of the last 2 months. I didn't tell her at first, because I thought she wouldn't be mature enough to handle it (she is only 20, and definitly still in college student, life is fun and I don't have to do anything I don't want to, mode)but then I decided that it might be less complicated if I told her now instead of her finding out somehow later and being upset that I hadn't told her.

Big mistake. Should have stuck to my original thought.

Her response "Don't tell me that! I want to have kids of my own someday and I am tired of hearing about losing babies. I already have messed up periods and am worried about it as it is."Or something very close. I don't remember the rest exactly after the don't-tell-me-that part.

I pretty much shut down after that. The rest of the trip I was on auto-mode. I still can't even believe she said that. What a sweet, sensitive and supportive sister I have.

The topper on the cake: when I asked her nicely to keep the news to herself, she joked "Oh, too late, I already texted G'ma!" (our g'ma tells everybody everything) Ha. ha. Real funny.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.