Saturday, September 27, 2008

Big news!

So, I know its been awhile since I updated, but I have a few friends irl who periodically check my blog, so I wanted to hold off until I had a chance to tell them in person, before I posted:

MY BFP!!!

Yep, that's right! I am KTFU again! Yay!

I found out on labor day, and here is how my bfp story goes:

DH and I went to some close friends out-of-town wedding over labor day weekend. The entire time I was having cramps reminscent of my last pg, but since I had a temp dip in my chart the day before we left, I thought forsure AF was coming. I wasn't giving up all hope tho, and it was very stressful being away from home (and my thermometer - we shared a hotel room with 7 other people!)

Almost as soon as we got home on Sunday, I took a test. I was only 10 dpo, but those cramps were driving me crazy, and I just had to know! but, as most of you know, 10 dpo is REALLY early. DH and I both thought there might have been a line, but it was one of those barely-there-and-only-if-you-hold-it-at-the-right-angle-in-the-right-light kind of lines.

So we decided to take it as inconclusive and wait until the next morning to test again with FMU. I am so glad we decided to do that, as anxious as I was to take that digital I hadwaiting for me, the nest 24 hours was so amazing!

That night Dh and I had a campfire. Him and I, and our puppy, all just layed in the grass and watched for shooting stars to wish on :) It was peaceful, relaxing, and just such a love-filled evening, listening to each others wishes. We went to bed that night excited for the next morning, but also I think we found some peace in knowing that even if there wasn't two pink lines the nest day, we had each other and could still enjoy wonderful moments like that night.

Cut to the next morning. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning, as I always do, because I had to pee. I was aware that 11dpo was still early, but after that almost a line from the day before, I was really feeling like this would be it! So, I took out another dollar tree test... lo and behold.. the line was still faint, but this time it was definitly there! I whipped out the digital anxious to see the word PREGNANT stare back and me, dipped it in my dixie cup, and set it down. Almost immediately I saw that wonderful word!

I was super excited, but wasn't quite sure how to tell dh, so I decided to leave that test on the bathroom counter, so he could have the fun of seeing it from the test too. As I crawled back into bed, DH crawled out, so he could take his turn using the bathroom. But when he came back, he just got into bed, held me, and didn't say a word. I was baffled, but kept mum. After a few minutes he asked "So...?" And I replied "I left the test on the counter, didn't you see it?" DH says "I saw it, but I couldn't look. I wanted to hear it from you" Ahh, so cute, I gave him the tightest hug and said "Yes! You are going to be a Daddy!" He just pulled me even closer to him and held me tight and sighed "This is the best labor day EVER!"

It was so cute!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.