Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just not meant to be

Well, I asked my doctor if I could go in for betas to make sure my HCG was rising and doubling at the appropriate rate of every 48-72 hours. I figured that would help me shake off some of the uneasiness I have been feeling this week.

Instead, it did the opposite.

Betas were NOT good. They were no where near double on the second draw and then started dropping. Chemical pregnancy :(

Monday, 12dpo: 40
Wednesday, 14dpo: 50
Friday, 16dpo: 36

I guess I wasn't really surprised. Its crazy how accurate my "gut feeling" has proven to be. But it still makes me sad.

I am waiting for my period to show any day now. And we'll give it a try again next cycle. I'm grateful I found out early this time, and didn't go walking around thinking I was pregnant for a whole 'nother month like my first miscarriage.

I laid down on the couch with Levi during his naptime yesterday and just held him close and cuddled with him for a couple hours. Nothing better for an aching heart than that!

1 comment:

moonberrie said...

I am praying for you!!

Powered by Blogger.