Saturday, October 11, 2008

1st Ultrasound!

The day finally came; Oct 7th. Our first ob appointment and our second wedding anniversary. The doctor confirmed that I could get an ultrasound at my first appointment, so I no longer had to worry about begging for that, but still I was a complete and utter wreck.

DH and I both took half days at work, and planned to go to my appointment at 2:10 and then go out and celebrate with dinner.

DH actually ended up with a rain day (he works outdoors) so he got off at 9:30 am, and went to pick up some parts for the ice-fish house he is building. Not surprisingly, it took longer than expected, so he was running late.

There I was sitting in the waiting room, sweaty palms, and racing heart, convinced that since it was a gray and rainy day, we were going to get bad news, just like foreshadowing that always happens in books and movies.

DH showed up about 15 minutes later, but I still hadn't been called into an exam room, thank goodness, I sooo needed him there to be my anchor. Can't believe how much better I felt with him there with me.

We finally got called in about 5-10 minutes after he arrived, and the nurse did all the normal things, temp, blood pressure, pulse etc,and then gave us a little speech about hormones and pg, made us both giggle. It was the same nurse that helped this dr when I had my physical in August and I really like her, so I was glad to find out she is my doctors nurse at all times and who I will be seeing throughout the pregnancy.

Finally the doctor came in, we talked for a little bit and to be honest with you, I don't even really remember what all we discussed. I was just so anxious!

Than came the moment off truth, up onto the table, with my legs spread and feet in stirrups (wonder what dh thought about that sight? lol) while she rolled in the u/s machine...

and this is what it showed!

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/vfj9xs.jpg[/IMG]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Instant relief! I was so happy, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face! Doctor said that baby was measuring somewhere between 8 weeks 1 day and 8 weeks 4 days, with a heartbeat of 160-170 beats per minute. and that "i had a very active little peanut"!

Yay! Even tho the machine was old and crappy, so the pictures didn't turn out that great (baby just looks likt a little blob) It is still so nice to have been able to see that everything really is going the way it is supposed to!

It was the best anniversary gift EVER! and we definitely went out for dinner to celebrate (no alcohol for me of course! Dr's orders ;)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.