Monday, October 13, 2008

Told my family last night! In-laws tonight!

It was nerve wrecking, but dh and I visited my family last night and told the whole crew. It was my dad's 55th b-day friday and my youngest brother's 12th bday today, so my other 2 brothers & my possible future SIL came home from college, and my sister came over too. The whole fam-dam-ily.

It was alot of work trying to get everyone seated together in one room, but somehow I managed. I told everyone that I had a gift for Dad to open, and that it had some strings attached - because even tho he got to unwrap it, what was inside was for the whole family.

Inside was a small photo album. The cover said May 14th, 2009, and on the first page I printed this poem I've seen used by other nesties:

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come May,
That's when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandchild,
I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we'll know.
So what I have to give you now,
Is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family.

and then when you flip the page was a photocopy of the ultrasound.

I told Dad that he had to read the poem aloud for the whole family to hear. It worked great!No one suspected a thing! My mom even started to cry! I know I was teary-eyed listening to Dad get choked up as he read and dh later admitted he was getting a little watery-eyed himself.

Now, on to the other side of the family! We tell dh's parents tonight! We have then same album made for them, only in this case, it is going to be an aniversary gift!

1 comment:

Jess said...

What a great way to tell everyone!!! :-) Congrats!!

Powered by Blogger.