Wednesday, March 4, 2009

30 Week Appt. Update

Last night our electricity just randomly went out. DH went downstairs and flipped the breaker, but no luck there. We just couldn't figure it out! All the neighbors still had lights on, and we definitely paid our bill! So we called the electric company and they said they would send someone out, but the truck wouldn't be there for over an hour. So DH and Bailey and I sat on the couch in the flashlight lit living room reading baby books and magazines until Bailey started barking to let us know the truck had arrived.

By the time the electricity was back up and running, it was definitely time for bed! And of course we had to reset the alarm clock. Must not have gotten it right, because somehow I lost 10-15 minutes of time walking fro the house to my car :) So, I was late to the doctor's office today.

When I got there my nurse and doctor were both very relieved! I am always the first appt on the days I go in, and they were worried when the next appt. was checked in before me! My doctor said it was not like me at all, and that I am usually so meticulous about details, she couldn't believe I would have forgotten.

I thought this was so funny, considering how punctual I am at everything else in life... If only they knew!

At any rate, I had a pretty basic appt. today, all my vitals were normal, Baby's heartbeat sounds good and he is still head down.

I only gained about 1 1/2 lbs during the last week, which I was happy about, since I put on 6 in the the previous 3 weeks. Between that and the somewhat elevated blood sugar, I figure I better watch the sweets a little closer!!!

My doctor did comment that Levi feels pretty big for 30 weeks, which has me somewhat concerned. But I decided there is no use fretting until I am closer to my due date.

My appointments are now going to be only 2 weeks apart, until 36 weeks and then every week there after. I went ahead and scheduled the rest so I could just give work the list and tell them what days I would be in late all at once.

Also, I get to have another ultrasound at my 34 week appointment, so that is very exciting! I can't wait to see our little boy again!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.