Thursday, June 19, 2008

I feel like a zombie

Going back to work has been really sucky. The worst part is that since I have managed to answered people's "how are you doing?" questions with an automated "good." or "fine." They all seem to think that I am handling things so well, and everything is all back to normal. I feel so fake. and my productivity is ridiculously low.

My husband wants me to go out and see friends this weekend. I don't want to go. I don't want to pretend like nothings happened and plaster a fake smile on my face.

He also had the nerve yesterday to ask me not to 'freak out' on anybody if they ask me how I am doing. I told him how upset I was that his bro thought I was doing so well, and he interpreted that as a warning that I might over-react to other peoples inquiries.

I was so mad. I mean, I love my hubby and he is trying so hard to understand how I feel, but seriously, maybe he could be a little more considerate, and think that perhaps I have the right to react to life's situations? And perhaps he could have talked to me and found out what level of comfort I have and then inform his friends what to/not to say? Instead of asking me not to freakout?



Why does this all have to be so tough?

And then to make matters even better, this morning my co-worker asked me to do him a favor and fix his ball cap so that it fit better. After I finish hand stitching a couple darts in it, another co-worker of ours commented that she didn't know I could sew. I jokingly answered back that I am a woman of many talents, to which the first guy says "You're going to make such a great mom". It was all i could do, not to cry.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.