Tuesday, January 20, 2009

24 week appt update

Well, I have found out why my ribs are killing me. I asked the doctor how far up baby was, and she said that at 20 weeks, he would be right at my belly button and moves up from there. She was checking the baby's heartbeat at the time, so she just touched where he should be.

I was a bit puzzled by that and told her I could have sworn I felt movement way up by my ribs and that they have been pretty sore the last couple weeks, so she felt around and sure enough, he's all the way up there already. Doctor was very surprised he was so far up. If he is that high at 24 weeks, I don't know where else he can go, or how he is going to fit! Darn me and my short torso!

Aside from that, everything is going great. My vitals are all normal, I have gained a total of about 7lbs so far and baby has a good strong heartbeat.

Next appt I am going to take the gestational diabetes test, so hopefully that turns out okay! I made the appt for Friday, Feb 13th. After how horrible the last Friday the 13th was, I am hoping it will relieve some of my stress to have an appt that day. I just hope I didn't jinx my gd test!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how did he get so far up so fast? That's crazy! Does that mean he is going to be really tall? haha That boy is just aching to get out and meet you, that's what it is!

Powered by Blogger.