Wednesday, April 15, 2009

36 Week Appt Update!

Good news - doctor said baby's head has gotten lower! She didn't specifically say he "dropped" or anything, but I am still happy to hear that its lower than it was - that counts for something, right? I am really hoping this little boy decides to arrive in the beginning of May rather than wait all the way until his due date (or later)

I also gained 5lbs in the last 2 weeks, which I am not thrilled about, but considering my feet and ankles look like marshmallows, I think its mostly water retention.Or at least that's what I am going to keep telling myself ;)

I found out my doctor doesn't check for dialation/effacement at all. She says she doesn't believe in it and it doesn't mean anything anyways since you could be dialated to a 3 for weeks, or not be dialated at all and go into labor the next day. So I am getting left in the dark!

I also got the GBS swab, quick and easy, but I didn't expect her to swab the back door too! At least it was on the outside and she didn't have to poke it in there - that would have definitely taken me off guard!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.