Friday, April 24, 2009

And the countdown begins!

Well, as of yesterday, I am officially full term! 37 weeks.Or rather, Levi is.

Basically full term means that even though the average baby is born at about 40 weeks (due date) by 37 weeks, baby is fully developed, his lungs are mature, he's all ready to be born!

I am really hoping my little boy is ready to be born soon. I am definitely ready for this him to make his appearance. I even finished packing my hospital bag last night!

Unfortunately, I haven't had any real physical signs that its gonna happen soon. Everyone keeps telling me that I am still carrying so high, but I know he's gotten lower. The doctor said so and I keep getting pinched nerves in my hips. Plus, the pressure on my bladder has increased

I *think* I have had some braxton hix too, but am not really sure.



I really want him to come early, and have had the feeling all along that I wouldn't make it to 40 weeks. My intuition is usually pretty good, but I am starting to get worried that it's all just wishful thinking! I am so uncomfortable, that 3+ weeks just seems like an eternity away.

I guess all I can do it wait. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so excited for you!! I hope he comes early too. I can't wait to "meet" him!

Anonymous said...

Excitement mounts...the day is coming soon! I hope he picks my day to make his arrival! ;oP

Powered by Blogger.